We are proud to announce that our unique empowerment programme Young Leaders for Safer Cities is now underway and running at Hackney Community College two Saturday a week. Our YLFSC course is offered at two intakes (November – March and April to July) and our participants come from over 20 secondary schools whilst levering the support from over 18 partners organisations to create a vibrant and prosperous programme.
Our YLFSC course is unique, accredited and empowering, helping
- schools improve school achievement and improvement targets whilst complementing
- young people achieve their leadership potential
- to create a culture of youth leadership and resilience in communities
Voyage has secured funding from Trust for London and appointed a team to implement our ambitious schemes of work with a strong focus on implementing our youth take over strategy in time for 2020. We believe by sustaining a regular programme building young leaders we will develop a focused cadre of young people who will join us to
- transform the nature of policing and community safety in communities
- reviews, policies and strategies effecting young people
- adopt a vibrant campaigning strategy to challenge disproportionate systems
- become an esteemed member of our management and leadership structures
We believe this will build a strong and powerful voice of young people supported and trained with the ability to challenge whilst creating stronger, resilient and safer communities.
Sign up here for more..