Voyage is pleased to announce it has recruited a team of 10 tutors and trainers to deliver our unique Young Leaders For Safer Cities programme as part of our growth and expansion agenda. The training process was delivered by Voyage lead Tutor Adetunji Adesoji and Voyage CEO Paul Anderson who both set out the training requirements using five important stages of interactive training delivery.
1. Day 1 – focused on exploring our YLFSC course curriculum, weekly sessions, what we see in our young people and dynamic of course deliver.
2. Day 2 – With our existing team new tutors will learn more about our values, approach and how we will embed our newly designed theory of change
3. 4 days of Shadowing and micro teaching is when our new recruits will work alongside our existing team of tutors, support young people and be assessed on their teaching skills.
4. Graduation day 12 July is when our new team will be formerly appointed as Voyage tutors and be formerly appointed
5. 1 week – Join us to deliver our Summer University and our Graduate programme.
Using a participatory workshop approach the first day of training helped to acquaint our new recruits with the course units helping them to dig deeper into our course materials and how the course units breakdown into over 150 hours of taught study. The training day ended with a question and answer session with Voyage graduates.
Our new recruits will return on Saturday the 23rd of March to participate in phase 2 where they will meet the existing team, understand our theory of change and participate in a solution orientated workshop session.