Sign-up to Voyage’s 2-Week Summer Scheme!
Join our summer Leadership programme designed to empower young people to take action and become Global Citizens. Recruiting 60 young people aged 13-14 now, sign-up whilst places last!
Voyage’s Summer Scheme is running across 2 weeks in August. Week 1 is based in a structured, professional environment at NCC Hackney and will run from 10am-4pm, during the week of 8-12th August (Monday-Friday). Week 2 is a residential trip to Outward Bounds centre in Ullswater, Cumbria running from 15-19th August (Monday-Friday). Participants must attend Week 1 to join the residential in Week 2.
Week 1 8th-12th August
- 10-4pm at New City College, Hackney
- Lunch (pizza, jollof and rice) and refreshments provided
- Includes creative activities ran by Shoal Studio
- Day trip to the seaside on Friday – Southend-On-Sea
- Sessions on community safety with StreetDoctors & others
- Interactive workshops and inspirational guest speakers, including ZSL
- Only £10 for the whole week!
Week 2 15-19th August
- Residential trip to Outward Bounds centre in Ullswater, Cumbria, in the Lake District
- Team building exercises and outdoor activities such as:
- Raft building
- Rock climbing
- Mountain expeditions
- All meals and accommodation included
- Risk assessed and safeguarding approved
- LIMITED spaces for the residential
- Only £50 for the whole week!
End of Summer BBQ 20th August
- All Young Leaders welcome to celebratory BBQ at NCC Hackney
- Awards ceremony
We are looking for young people aged 13-14 from Hackney or a surrounding borough (Tower Hamlets, Haringey, Islington, Waltham Forest, Newham, Camden).
- Safe and secure venues
- All staff DBS checked
- Daily registers taken
- Parents called if their child is absent
£10 for Week 1 ONLY or £60 for both Week 1 + Week 2! Once we have received payment, we will be in touch shortly to confirm your space(s).
Let us know if you having problems with payment. If financial difficulties prevent you from paying this price, please email us email@example.com and we can arrange something.
SIGN UP NOW WHILST PLACES LAST!
Participation in our summer scheme guarantees young people a space on our BTEC Level 2 course, Young Leaders for Sustainable Cities (YLFSC), from September!
Joining Voyage means that young people are supported through a 4-year journey from age 13-14 until they leave secondary education. This journey includes:
- Graduate programmes
- Professional Mentoring
- Work experience opportunities
- Joining our Youth Advisory Board (YAB) or Youth Investigator Network (YIN)
- Leading to paid-work and access to topline universities
Want to express your interest and find out more before paying? Fill in the form below.