Voyage is proud to announce our amazing collaboration with New City College to run our two week long Horizons Plus Project.
Horizons is accessed by a short sign up form attached below and is available by referrals from secondary school teachers, social and community workers. Young people can self refer also.
Horizons is a unique collaboration which combines our specialisms supporting young people with educational challenges alongside structured education provision. This collaboration allows us to work with young people who may not feel that higher education may not be their next step in life and we aim to work with them to prepare and help plan their steps into employment and possible training.
Young people will
- access bite size learning of key subjects offered at New City College
- secure a mentor as part of their ongoing involvement in college life
- get to meet some amazing young people on similar journeys
- leave our project with a clearer sense of their choices and life goals
- enjoy refreshments and lunch
We hope to encourage young people to review their options by sampling our bite size course which are all part of the two week programme starting on Monday 19th July and finishes Thursday 29th July. All participants will be invited to Voyages annual BBQ 31st July so all participants can become part of our wider family and access on going support.