This policy explains how the Voyage:
- treats personal information that is collected on all Voyage websites, including information relating to your past use of our websites and previous order details, and
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, address, email address, phone number and so on, and which is not normally publicly available.
Information collection and use
Non- registered users
- All Voyage websites collect personal information when you register with them.
- The website you sign up to will collect information such as your name, email address and post code. Once you register with that website you will not be anonymous to us when you subsequently sign in.
- We collect and retain information about your transactions with us so that we can process your transactions and deal with future queries.
- We will use the information that we obtain for the following general purposes: to fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research and monitor the performance of our websites.
Information sharing and disclosure
Voyage Youth and any entity in the Voyage will never sell or share your personal information with any third party except:
- to provide the products or services you’ve requested from our site(s) where, for example, we use a separate company to deliver goods to you,
- when we have your permission,
- as part of any legal proceedings or regulatory investigation, or
Voyage Youth may share your information with other entities associated with Voyage that act as fundraisers for Voyage, sell Voyage Youth products or provide Voyage information subject to your communication preferences.
We use three different types of cookies to help our websites work well. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may put on your computer. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website and this helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
The main categories of cookies that we use are:
1. Cookies that are necessary to run the site
Our sites use some cookies which are essential to keeping the site working and provide the services you need. These include cookies that enable you to:
- stay logged in for an entire visit to the site, or
- add things to a shopping basket and keep them there until you decide to check out.
2. Cookies which help us improve the site – analytics cookies and web beacons
We use analytics cookies:
- to see what website content is popular and how people are using the site as they allow us to track users movement through our websites. This type of information is amalgamated so that we can build up a picture of how the site is performing.
In addition, when we email you, we may place a tiny tag (also known as ‘tracking pixel’ or ‘web beacon’) on the email we send out. These do not collect any personal information, but they let us know how many people are opening and reading our emails so that we can choose more popular content.
The information we collect using analytics cookies is anonymous and does not involve collecting the name or address of any user. The analytics cookies that we use only operate through our websites so they and the data they collect are not shared with anyone else.
3. Cookies which help us get value for money from advertising
We occasionally use other types of cookies that can track how our advertisements perform. These cookies will help us identify which advertisements resulted in a “click through” to the Voyage Youth website or someone downloading one of our advice sheets.
A note about Youtube cookies
We have begun to embed our Youtube videos using the ‘Privacy-enhanced’ settings. This uses a cookie if the video is played. More information on this setting can be found here.
The cookies we specifically use when you visit our site
How you can control the cookies used and placed on your computer
You can control the use and placing of any cookies on your computer through the settings you select on your Internet browser. To do this, identify your Internet service provider, click on the relevant link below and follow the instructions.
PC or Mac browsers
What will happen if you disable some or all of the cookies that Voyage uses?
It would be impossible to use our online shop or donations page without cookies enabled, as the shopping basket function wouldn’t work. If you would prefer not to use our website, you can make donations offline by phone.
Call: 0207 820 7223 (Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm)
Your ability to edit and delete your account information and preferences
You can edit your Voyage Youth account Information, including your address and contact details at any time. You cannot directly change the name, address, contact details and other details of existing orders, but can contact Voyage Youth to change order/donation details if you need to.
We may send you certain service or administrative communications relating to the Voyage Youth website relating to your account, regardless of your opt-out preferences. If you cancel your Voyage Youth Account you will no longer be sent these messages.
If you place an order with the site, we will keep a record of your details as entered at the time of the order for as long as necessary to process your order and deal with any subsequent enquiries.
Voyage may update this policy at any time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our website(s).