Voyage is seeking to expand its work with young people to reach new areas across London.
A growing demand for our services means that we need to increase the number of well trained tutors, mentors and facilitators we currently employ to teach on our (YLFSC or our Horizons) courses and know your Rights Workshops. In addition to this, we are also seeking inspirational people who can offer one to one, and group mentoring to children and young. If you are interested in joining our team of highly respected facilitators, tutors, trainers and mentors, please do not hesitate in making contact with us; we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are seeking colleagues with demonstrable experience of engaging, supporting and developing young people in different settings (schools, youth clubs, in the community). If you are a learning mentor, a teacher, work with young offenders, or have a strong therapeutic background we would like to hear from you.
We are an incredibly diverse organisation and we are keen to appoint people with unique stories, styles and approaches to supporting young people who come to us with a vast array of life experiences.
Candidates will be required to provide evidence of a minimum of 5 years experience in any of the following areas:
• teaching experience at secondary level
• In the role of a youth worker, social and or community worker
• In the role of a mentor, tutor and or teaching assistant at secondary level
All candidates are expected to hold a current DBS certificate.
All candidates expected to have a demonstrable understanding of safeguarding principles
Application and shortlisting
All candidates are required to submit a CV and a short personal statement setting out why you think you may be suitable for this role. Should you be short listed you will be invited to participate in our training days. These take place on:
• Saturday 9th March from 10 – 4pm – New tutors only
• Saturday 23rd March from 10 – 4pm – new and existing tutors
Training and development activities
On training days Voyage will cover travel and meal expenses for all days and all existing tutor will be paid in accordance with Voyage usual regime. All new tutors will be expected to attend both sessions and participate in:
• shadowing existing tutors for a minimum of 4 sessions when our YLFSC starts in April.
• delivering a micro teach of a session
SATURDAY 9th MARCH
Aim: 1 day focus on recruitment of young people; setting out the teaching materials; marking and assessment; strategies for encouraging young people to work collaboratively to support each other.
• Module breakdown of Young Leaders for Safer Cities (YLFSC) course
• A run through of the programme from Induction day to YLFSC Graduation
SATURDAY 23rd MARCH
Aim: updates to the course, contracting, safeguarding and all other in house arrangements
• Workshop on our new Theory of change and how we operationalise surveys
• Workshop on Safeguarding and reporting
• Workshop on introducing wellbeing into our session planning
Time scales and Deadlines
Whilst we cant guarantee everyone will get a place on the first session but we aim to connect with you and notify you about any other further training opportunities.
Please submit CVs and personal statements to the Voyage CEO and complete the information as set out below:
No later than Friday 1st March 2019