To celebrate Trustee week 2019 we are reaching out to recruit new Trustees to our board of Directors.
We are particularly looking for Trustees who can bring credibility and represent us across London and beyond to investors, foundation schools, Pupil referral units, local authorities and socially inclined business partners and communities. Specifically we are seeking Trustees with a track record of ethical leadership (across sector) who can help us develop and grow. We wish to appoint trustees who can:
- offer an equivalent of 1 day per month to read papers, be an advocate and attend meetings
- add real value by helping us to develop and solidify partnerships, new ideas and innovation
- represent Voyage within a business, political, educational, criminal justice and creative sectors
Our aspiration over the coming years is to move away from the reliance on grant funding by introducing a strong commercial approach and building sustainable relations within the city of London financial, legal and fin tech districts, whilst working with the executive team to appoint and mentor our young leaders into key positions. Over the next three years we wish to:-
- Put our young leaders at the forefront of decision making and at the heart of engagement with corporate partners and investors
- Gear up for more tendering and commission opportunities
- develop commercial partners to ensure Voyage’s brand synthesises with company values in the corporate world
- Build new partnerships to provide creative, developmental and progressive pathways to ensure young people break cycle of offending
- Emerge as a leading provider and service reducing crime, raising educational attainment and facilitating progression into further education, training and employment
- Deliver our 2019/20 projects and programmes, and generate a portfolio of future work which will grow both our reach and our reputation
- Enhance the profile and reputation of Voyage’s programmes and interventions in both education and criminal justice system.
- Evolve our business strategy so it is sustainable and more resilient over the coming years.
- Appoint new trustees with skills, contacts and time to assist growth
All Trustees will bring to this role:-
- Credibility and gravitas to represent us with partners, stakeholders, investors, government, business and community sectors engaged with VOYAGE internationally, nationally and locally
- A passion and commitment to young people taking a lead and developing their voices
- An excellent yet practical understanding of human resources, legal and management, partnership development, research and political engagement
- Significant board-level experience of and credentials in governance, leadership, representation and the support and nurturing of internal teams
- A track record of strategy development, planning, performance management and review of a portfolio of activity with some read-across/relevance to VOYAGE’s mission and remit
- A level understanding of criminal justice, education, business, charitable and voluntary sectors
- A two year commitment of 2- 3 days per quarter to progress our priorities over this crucial period
- An enthusiasm, energy and commitment to reduce disproportionality in the education and the criminal justice system
Interested candidates who wish to apply are required to send in a CV, or Biog and a short supporting statement telling us how you maybe able to assist us. If you would like to discuss your expression of interest before submission please contact Paul Anderson MBE, CEO of VOYAGE by clicking on the contact button below.
We are seeking expressions of interest so please don’t hesitate Contact us for more information or simply complete the short form below.