Our flagship programme for schools is Young Leaders for Safer Cities (YLfSC). We are currently recruiting for our 2015 cohort and would like to provide your young people with the opportunity to participate in this ground breaking course. YLfSC is currently being delivered FREE to year 9 students from black and minority ethnic backgrounds from Hackney, islington, Camden, Haringey, Tower hamlets and Newham.
School and organisation participants in YLfSC will:
- invite a member of the VOYAGE team to present the programme to a small group of your young people at your school or venue – small groups can come to the VOYAGE office
- identify those students who would like to participate in the programme, or those you feel that YLfSC would benefit
- send the completed student selection form to VOYAGE
- provide students with course literature
- provide students with application forms to be signed by parents (forms will be emailed to you when participating students have been identified)
- organise and host an YLfSC information session where the VOYAGE team will meet with the participating young people and their parents to complete consent and medical forms – small groups can come to the VOYAGE office
- work alongside VOYAGE to encourage the young people to complete the units within YLFSC and remind them of session dates
If your school would like to participate in the Young Leaders for Safer Cities (YLfSC) programme, please contact us. We will support you to set up the programme, supplying course materials and supported online learning facilities for individual students.
Please note the demographic we work with is specified by our funders and guided by the aims of the Black Police Associations Charitable Trust.
Get in touch with us
c/o Hackney Community College
Falkirk St, London N1 6HQ
(Opening hrs 09:30 – 18:00 Mon-Fri)
T: 0207 613 8343
M: +44 (0)7340 090 968